The COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing stay-at-home orders threw the U.S. economy into a tailspin late in the initially quarter. It wreaked havoc on homes and companies, putting an abrupt stop to history-reduced unemployment and extra than five straight decades of quarterly GDP growth. Consider our quiz to see how considerably you recall about the initially months of the outbreak.
1. What share of superb U.S. home loans were being in forbearance (the buyer was not earning payments) as of late May well?
two. Particular preserving as a share of disposable profits strike 33% in April, after climbing to 9.six% in the initially quarter. Considering that 1947, the quarterly level exceeded fifteen% only one time. In what 12 months was that?
three. Which publicly held enterprise did not report a earnings in the initially quarter of 2020?
B. Slack Technologies
C. Tyson Meals
4. Which enterprise has filed for individual bankruptcy because the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic?
C. Diamond Offshore
D. Hertz Global Holdings
E. All of the previously mentioned
5. As of June 8, what was the optimum loan sizing out there beneath the Fed’s Main Avenue Lending method?
A. $three hundred million
B. $50 million
C. $a hundred million
D. $500 million
six. By how considerably did world wide merger and acquisition exercise decline in the initially quarter of 2020?
D. Much more than 25%
7. On which day did the Environment Health Firm declare the coronavirus a pandemic?
A. March eleven
B. February 26
C. January thirty
D. March 29
8. Which U.S. chief said back in May well, “In the lengthy-operate and even in the medium-operate, you wouldn’t want to guess against the American economy.”
A. President Donald Trump
B. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
C. Republican Senator Rand Paul
D. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell
Responses: 1-B two-C three-B 4-E 5-A6-D 7-A 8-D
Resources: Home finance loan Bankers Association, Federal Reserve, CFO.com, Refinitiv